The Don’t Wait – Autism Early Years Diagnostic Clinic is an opportunity for families who are in need of a timely diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
This program is specifically designed for younger children (< 5 years of age) needing a diagnosis as soon as possible for the purpose of accessing intervention and/or funding.
A typical ASD diagnostic assessment includes:
These assessments will be conducted within 2 weeks of formal intake. A diagnostic letter will be provided within 1 week of feedback with a full report to follow.
- Review of records
- Parent/Caregiver Interview
- Use of Diagnostic Tools
- Autism Diagnostic Interview-R
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Scale 2
- Social Responsiveness Scale-2
- additional tools as necessary
- Consideration of differential diagnosis (cognitive testing if necessary)
- Establishment of ASD diagnosis
- Communication of ASD diagnosis and assessment findings
Assessment of children over 5 years of age will be seen on a first come first serve basis through our traditional Assessment and Diagnosis Clinic.
How counselling works for children and youth?
Mindfulness is the process of purposely bringing one's attention to what is happening in the present moment, without judgment. It means consciously attending to being here, in this moment, right now. There is increasing evidence that mindfulness is a good thing....