The Don’t Wait – Autism Early Years Diagnostic Clinic is an opportunity for families who are in need of a timely diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
This program is specifically designed for younger children (< 5 years of age) needing a diagnosis as soon as possible for the purpose of accessing intervention and/or funding.
A typical ASD diagnostic assessment includes:
These assessments will be conducted within 2 weeks of formal intake. A diagnostic letter will be provided within 1 week of feedback with a full report to follow.
- Review of records
- Parent/Caregiver Interview
- Use of Diagnostic Tools
- Autism Diagnostic Interview-R
- Autism Diagnostic Observation Scale 2
- Social Responsiveness Scale-2
- additional tools as necessary
- Consideration of differential diagnosis (cognitive testing if necessary)
- Establishment of ASD diagnosis
- Communication of ASD diagnosis and assessment findings
Assessment of children over 5 years of age will be seen on a first come first serve basis through our traditional Assessment and Diagnosis Clinic.