Behavioral Intervention or evidence-based behavioral services (EBBS) refers to the use of the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis to change socially significant behavior. It is an approach to teaching that has been empirically demonstrated to increase positive behavior and decrease unwanted behavior more so than any other treatment approach. It requires trained clinical staff. At SBSLG, we offer both intensive/comprehensive behavioral intervention (IBI – more than 14 hours per week) and focused behavioral intervention (FBI – less than 15 hours per week).
According to the literature, Behavior Intervention works well with all children but children starting earlier make the most significant gains. Research strongly recommends early Intensive Behavioral Intervention for children diagnosed with ASD and encourages parents to start therapy as early as possible.
1 to 1 Behavioral Intervention
Both our intensive and focused BI programs include the support of the Clinical Supervisor/BCBA and/or Psychologist who is responsible for participating in and overseeing the assessment, the development of the individual program plan for each child and the continued supervision of staff and program. The Clinical Supervisor/Psychologist observes and gives feedback and suggestions to the Behavior Therapists on an on-going basis.
SBSLG Team Members
Who is this program for?
Children 12 months to 9 years of age
Children who have a diagnosis of ASD or who would benefit from 1-1 instruction
Families that live within a 30 km radius of 1 Regan Road, Brampton (Vankirk & Bovaird)
Individual Behavior Plan
Individual intervention sessions in-centre or in-home if centre is at capacity
Parent/guardian support and training
How Do I Get Started?
- call 905-846-7700 and ask for Carmine for a free phone consultation. She will discuss with you what we have available and what may be the best option for your family.
- set up an in-centre visit
- set up a date for your child’s assessment and determine an intervention start date – you will receive information on your child’s assessment performance on the first day of intervention
- receive, review and provide informed consent for your child’s Individual Program Plan (IPP)
- start dates are available at anytime
- spaces are available on a first-come-first serve basis or if if/when there is availability within a particular classroom
ABA Transitional Classroom
The SBSLG ABA based Transitional Classroom has been running since 2006. This classroom is an integral part of our dedication to an evidence-based, solution-focused approach to transitioning children from 1-1 specialized services to traditional classrooms, specialized school based programs and their social communities.
Our classrooms is a 1/2 day program with 1-3 teacher/student ratio and a small class size capped at 6 children. The time spent at SBSLG will constitute the child’s therapeutic program while the child’s home school will function as their integration site.
Key features of the SBSLG Kindergarten classroom: